Did you know that Americans spend more money on prescription drugs each year than those who live in any other country in the world?
The average person spends about $1,200 every year on prescription drugs. And it’s not uncommon at all for those who have been diagnosed with conditions like cancer and diabetes to spend way than that on prescription drugs.
So, why are prescription drugs so expensive? And what can you do to start saving on medications from now on?
Those are just two of the questions that we’re going to set out to answer today. Continue reading to learn all about why so many people are forced to spend a small fortune on prescription drugs.
Why Are Prescription Drugs So Expensive?
Studies have shown that about two-thirds of Americans take prescription drugs on a regular basis. They rely on these drugs to help them get everything from high blood pressure to depression under control.
A lot of these drugs can be literal lifesavers. But they can also leave people wondering, “Why are prescription drugs so expensive?” when they go to pick them up at their local pharmacies.
Prescription drugs are expensive for a whole host of reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- There aren’t any price regulations in place for the pharmaceutical industry
- Individual pharmaceutical companies hold patents on newer prescription drugs and don’t face any competition when selling them
- Health insurance companies don’t always assist people in paying for all prescription drugs
The pharmaceutical industry has also tried to explain the rising costs associated with prescription drugs by citing all of the money that they have to put into researching and developing new drugs. There is some debate over whether or not that should be an excuse for the expensive price tags on prescription drugs, but it’s something worth mentioning.
What Can You Do to Start Saving on Prescriptions?
Now that you have a better idea as to what the answer to the question, “Why are prescriptions expensive?”, is, you should know that you don’t always have to pay a fortune for them. There are some ways you can start saving on prescriptions from now on.
Check out several options that you’ll have when it comes to saving on medications:
- You can ask your doctor to prescribe you a generic form of a prescription drug as opposed to a brand-name prescription drug whenever possible
- You can see if your doctor might have samples of a prescription drug available
- You can inquire as to whether or not your doctor might have coupons for a prescription drug that you can use
- You can touch base with a pharmaceutical company to see if they have a hardship program in place for those who can’t afford to pay the high prices for their prescription drugs
In addition to trying these things in an effort to start saving on prescriptions, you might also want to look into the possibility of ordering medications from an online pharmacy. This has become a popular option for many people in recent years.
Is It Safe to Order Prescriptions From an Online Pharmacy?
If you’ve been kicking around the idea of using an online pharmacy to order prescription drugs rather than continuing to use a brick-and-mortar pharmacy, there might be just one thing holding you back. Many people worry about how safe it is to order prescriptions from an online pharmacy.
An online pharmacy is oftentimes a foreign pharmacy. So people aren’t always sure if they’re going to be able to get safe prescription drugs that will do what they’re supposed to do for them.
There are, unfortunately, some online pharmacies that you aren’t going to want to trust. But there are also lots of great online pharmacies that would be well worth your time and money.
You should search for an online pharmacy that has these qualities:
- They should have a lot of experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- They should offer a wide range of prescription drugs
- They should require a prescription from your doctor to provide you with medications
- They should extend affordable prices on their prescription drugs
- They should have an excellent reputation among those who have ordered medications from them
As long as an online pharmacy meets these criteria, you should be in good hands when you obtain prescription drugs from them. You should also put yourself in a position where you can stop asking the question, “Why are prescription drugs so expensive?”
Which Online Pharmacy Should You Trust When Buying Prescriptions?
Because there are so many online pharmacies operating throughout the world today, you might not know where to start when it comes to using one. You should poke around at first to see what your options are.
You’re welcome to call on any of the options that are available to you. But you should try to use an online pharmacy like this one that will set you up with the best price RX.
You’ll be able to see exactly how much money you can save on prescriptions when you order them from an online pharmacy like this. You’ll be so happy to cut your prescription drug costs down to size while still taking good care of your health.
Stop Asking “Why Are Prescriptions Expensive?” and Start Saving on Them
Americans have been asking themselves the question, “Why are prescription drugs so expensive?”, for a very long time now. They’ve been shelling out way too much money for medications for decades.
If you’ve had just about enough of it, you should look into the different ways that you can start saving on prescriptions. You can reduce your prescription spending in a major way and begin putting more money back into your pockets every month.
Would you like to learn about some other ways that you can save money each month on the things that you buy routinely? Get some great tips by browsing through the rest of the articles on our blog.