Steve Gibson Net Worth, Family, Age, Career, And Biography

Steve Gibson Net Worth
Steve Gibson Net Worth

Stephen Gibson, mostly known as Steve Gibson is a famous British entrepreneur and politician. He is more familiar as the chairman/owner of Middlesbrough Football Club of which he has been a lifelong fan. 

Gibson is a self-made millionaire who became the youngest director of his long-cherished football club at the age of 26 only. Before that, he was the youngest-ever councilor of the local Labour Party.

Under his wise authority, Middlesbrough Football Club won the English League Cup which was a great achievement indeed. According to the Sunday Times Rich List, he was in the 481st position in May 2020.

Basic Information 

Gibson was born on 9 January 1958 in Middlesbrough, England. He was brought up in the Park End area of the town. Later he represented Park End as a Labour councilor at the age of 21 only.

He was raised as a Catholic and primarily attended local schools for education. 

Steve Gibson is the uncle of Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson. And he was the 27th chairman of Middlesbrough F.C. preceded by Colin Henderson.

Personal Profile

The table below sums up quick facts and information about Steve Gibson.

NameSteve Gibson
Date of Birth9 January 1958
Place of BirthMiddlesbrough, England
Age64 Years
Nationality British
Religion Catholic
Zodiac SignCapricorn


Gibson attended St Pius X Primary and St Mary’s College which were local Institutes in Middlesbrough. Later he became the councilor of the local Labour Party in 1979. 


Steve Gibson Net Worth Biography

In 1981, he borrowed £1000 from his father and set up a company named Bulkhaul Limited. This company is dedicated to the global transportation of bulk liquids, powders, and gases. Being a UK-based company, it is spread worldwide with numerous Bulkhaul centers and offices. 

By building a reliable relationship with most of the leading chemical companies of the world, Bulkhaul Limited covers the main global routes in the European, Atlantic, and Pacific regions. A sophisticated computerized system was used to track the tank and the vehicles both in the UK and Europe.

However, the holding company for Bulkhaul, Gibson O’Neill is mainly under the authority of Steve Gibson with a 75% stake. The rest 25% is under the name of Michael David O’Neill.

Annually, this company makes a total profit of £29,720,000 with an annual turnover of £197,692,000.

The Gibson O’Neill group includes not only Bulkhaul but also Middlesbrough F.C. and Rockliffe Hall Hotel.

Being a lifelong Middlesbrough fan, Steve Gibson attended football matches with Chris Kamara at Ayresome Park when he was young. 

With a vision to see the club playing more European football, he joined the board as the youngest ever director only at the age of 26. At that time, Willie Maddren was the manager of the club.

Steve formed a consortium to save the club from liquidation in the year of 1986. He was a key player in the consortium as well. Later in 1993, he bought Scottish & Newcastle shares in the club, succeeded Colin Henderson as the chairman, and thus took control of 90% of the ownership. 

Under his ownership, the club left Ayresome Park in 1995 for the Riverside Stadium. This was a brand-new all-seater stadium. Gibson also invested a lot to purchase big-name players for the club.

The table below points out his professional life at a glance:

Known forOwner of Middlesbrough FC
27th ChairmanMiddlesbrough FC
Political PartyLabour Party


Steve Gibson Biography of Achievements

Once he gained ownership in 1994, he appointed Bryan Robson as the manager of the Middlesbrough Football Club. This helped a lot raise the profile of the club.

During 1997 and 1998, the club managed to achieve three Wembley cup final appearances within just 12 months. 

And it won its first-ever trophy in 128 years in the English League Cup in 2004. After that, Gibson was given the Freedom of Middlesbrough.

For his services and contribution to the economy, sports, and community on Teesside, Gibson was appointed as the Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the 2016 Birthday Honors.


His wife’s name is Vicky Gibson and their child’s name is Katie Gibson. Gibson and his wife tied the knot in July 2019.

SpouseVicky Gibson
ChildKatie Gibson

Net Worth

Steve Gibson is a British-born businessman and entrepreneur who started his business career when he was a youngster. Thanks to his hard work and wisdom, he was the 451st wealthiest man in 2012 according to Sunday Times Rich List. In 2020, his position was 481st on the list. 

At that time, his net worth was £270 million. 

Contact Info

You can find more information about Steve Gibson at the following addresses:

Email[email protected]