In this age, people have shifted their focus towards the energy-efficient window and home accessories. But did you know that you can get replacement windows grant up to $5000? Well, you read it right because, in Canada, the government also wants you to opt for energy-efficient solutions. By installing new windows and doors, you are going to lift up the appearance of your home for sure but choosing modern windows and door designs will deliver energy efficiency that can be great for saving money in the long run.
Now that you know about replacement window grant up to $5000, then you must be thinking about how you can qualify for that. Contact Canadian Choice bifold patio doors and window walls for the replacement windows and doors and get the grant.
Let’s get into more details.
What is Canada Greener Homes Grant?
The Canada Greener Home Grant was developed to increase the likelihood of energy-efficient options among the people. By choosing this, energy-efficient windows have become accessible and affordable to the masses. Overall, this initiative is good for your home and the environment. We understand that deciding to upgrade your home’s windows and doors will be a big financial investment but choosing energy-efficient windows can make it even more worthwhile.
How can anyone qualify for Canada Greener Home Grant?
The Canada Greener Home Grant is accessible to all residents of Canada. People who are lawfully considered homeowners are all eligible for this grant. The eligibility criteria to receive funding for your home include a few more things. Here is a list of them:
- Proof of ownership: One needs to provide proof of ownership of his or her home to qualify for the grant. This can be done by providing your property tax number.
- The house must be your primary residence: To get the grant, the homeowner must be upgrading his or her primary residence. If it is not the primary residence of the owner, then you can’t qualify for the grant.
- New homes don’t get grants: This grant program is specifically targeting people who have been living in their homes and need a replacement of old windows with new and energy-efficient ones. If you are building a new home, then you will not qualify for the grant.
- Pre and post-retrofit evaluation: If you want to get the grants, you must register yourself for the pre-retrofit evaluation via the Government of Canada website. This pre-retrofit evaluation is really important because it would determine the recommended upgrades for your home based on its current energy efficiency rating. Even if you don’t follow the pre-retrofit recommendations, you should at least complete one recommendation to get eligible for the reimbursements.
After the completion of your upgrade work, you can book yourself for the post-retrofit inspection. This one will determine how much your home’s energy efficiency has improved and which suggested upgrades you followed.
- Keep a record of the whole project: When you are booking pre or post-retrofit inspections, don’t forget to keep a record of all documentation.