When you think of German culture, you will most likely envision a lot of things. Beer, bratwurst, and dirndl dress may be some of the first things that come to mind. Dirndl dresses are undoubtedly one of Germany’s most popular cultural traditions and make for an excellent getaway for a large number of folks. They originated in the Bavarian Alps region, where Germany borders Switzerland and Austria centuries ago as peasant dresses.
Knowing the signs and codes of a dirndl is an important part of wearing one. The German dirndl dress tells your environment very quickly who you are and what position you hold in society. To fully enjoy the exclusive ambiance a dirndl generates, you should know its rules of appearance to be able to communicate with other people accordingly, without sending unintended signals.
Choosing the Side of Dirndl Dress Bow
It may seem funny, but the dirndl bow is not just a decoration but also an important part of the traditional costume of the Bavarian woman. Indeed, the bow on the apron of the Bavarian national costume is an important element that indicates if the woman has found her luck and if she will have success in love. But why do women in Bavaria make their bows?
Dirndl bows are a rare item to come across, and they add the perfect touch of elegance to your dirndl. While most leisure wear comes with a bow, it’s important that the bow is in the correct location. Although the dirndl dresses have transformed over the years, you will be pleased to hear that the dirndl bow always stays in its original position.
Here we will guide you through how to tie your dirndl bow so that you know where it should belong!
- When the dirndl bow on a woman’s blouse is tied on the left side, she is signaling that she is still available as a single woman in the eyes of society.
- The way a dirndl bow is tied on a woman’s dress indicates whether she is single or taken. If the bow is tied on the right-hand side, this means that the woman is not interested in flirting with other men.
- The dirndl bow tied in the middle has multiple meanings: It can indicate that a woman is still a virgin, but it can also be used to signal that she wants to keep her personal life private.
- A woman who wears her bow tied at the back is sending a clear message: she is either divorced or simply not interested in romance. Another meaning of the bow tied at the back is that the wearer works as a waitress, which automatically gives her an air of luxury and status.
Now, after knowing the signaling of the dirndl dress bow, we will discuss how to tie a dirndl bow.
Know How to Tie a Dirndl Bow
Knowing how to tie the bow of your dirndl is more important than memorizing the codes of conduct at the Wiesn. The intricacies of a drindl dress make it complex, but the effort is worth it: no other garment is as festive and represents Bavarian culture so well.
Let us move to the steps of tying a dirndl bow:
- Glamorous bow knots are often used to tie the aprons of dirndls, but first, you must know how to tie an apron. The apron must be tied tightly around your waist, and the string of the apron should sit on its narrowest point on your body.
- Ideally, the ribbons on both the dirndl apron and the apron string are ironed smooth so that it is not obvious that they have been tied before.
- The ribbons should be plucked with their smooth sides facing upwards for a smooth, glossy effect. Both loops should be plucked and pulled again at the end. The ends of the loops should be longer than the loops to keep proportions correct.
Dirndls symbolize the Bavarian culture and come in various designs, such as mini dirndl, midi dirndl, or long dirndl. The perfect Oktoberfest hairstyle can be complemented with a beautifully tied dirndl bow. In addition, numerous accessories such as necklaces and earrings complete the perfect Oktoberfest outfit.
Dirndl for Sale with Complete Accessories
Dirndl is a fashion among women and teenagers in Bavaria. The typical fabric of dirndl is cotton or silk. Some women also wear dirndl in the winter time, as they are warm and comfortable. You can choose to wear it with or without a blouse underneath, but an undershirt makes the look more classy and stylish. Another tip you can try is wearing a black waist belt with a drindl dress. It adds an elegant touch to your outfit. The Dirndl Online Shop stock the best of dirndl for sale at affordable prices.
Also read Mangaowl for interesting information